Khentii, Dornod, and Sukhbaatar aimags to be developed into a historical tourism region
On May 20, Prime Minister L.Oyun-Erdene’s working visit continued in Khentii aimag.
Tourism is being planned to be developed in regions, based on geographic locations and nature, history, and cultural resources introduced by the Minister of Environment and Tourism N.Urtnasan.
• Region with freshwater lake and scenic areas - Khuvsgul province
• Region with high mountains ecosystem and cultural diversity - Bayan-Ulgii, Uvs, Khovd, Zavkhan, and Gobi-Altai province
• Region with valuable historical and cultural artifacts - Arkhangai, Bayankhongor, Bulgan, Uvurkhangai, and Orkhon province
• Region with unique untouched nature, paleontological finds, and rare animals - Gobisumber, Dundgobi, Dornogobi, and Umnugobi province
• Region with monuments and landmarks related to the Great Chinggis khan's history - Dornod, Khentii, and Sukhbaatar province
• Region near the capital city of Ulaanbaatar - Darkhan, Tuv, and Ulaanbaatar
It is being considered that tourism centered around history, nature, and culture is possible to be greatly developed in the eastern region of the country. Of a total of 1,046 hotels and tourist camps that meet standards nationwide, 29 hotels and 42 tourist camps are located in the region. In 2019, Khentii province received over 65 thousand domestic tourists and 6,000 foreign tourists, with an inflow of MNT 21.7 billion into the local economy.
Minister of Finance B.Javkhlan, Minister of Road and Transport Development L.Khaltar, Minister of Energy N.Tavinbekh, Deputy Chief of the Cabinet Secretariat U.Byambasuren, and advisor to the Prime Minister P.Tsetsegbadam are accompanying the Prime Minister for the working visit.